Saturday, April 16, 2011

day at the museum

Today Fran, Steven, and I went to the Los Angeles Natural History Museum!  Of course I couldn't help but marvel at the giant skeletal remains of T-Rex fighting a Triceratops, or squeal with delight in the diorama halls. Surprisingly enough, however, one of my favorite rooms in the museum was the Hall of Gems and Minerals.  Actually, I suppose it isn't too surprising being as I am a jewelry designer who works daily with the smaller, polished and cut, certainly less impressive versions of these magnificent rocks.  Enjoy these snapshots of the world's largest flawless crystal ball, some kind of mineral which appears to be covered in small, fuzzy cotton ball creatures, and another type of stone in my favorite color- pukey green!







Hooray for Natural History!

xo,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment